I found some great sweaters on sale at The Children's Place online,
and figured they would be the perfect accoutrements for my kids to wear
for pictures. (See how I sneaked a French word into the previous
sentence? I even say it with a French accent in my head.
Accoutrement. Sigh.)
Anyway, we have never had
professional pictures taken of Kaitlyn, and I wanted to try to get a
picture with all three of my children looking at the camera AND
smiling. I quickly realized that taking them to a studio would be a
nightmare - Kaitlyn is bashful and/or leery of anyone she doesn't know.
But Christian has a great knack for photographing people, so I borrowed
a camera from my friend Melissa
and got my kids all dressed up and ready for pictures. I figured we
would just start with all three kids and graduate to each one
individually, and we were bound to get some great photos. Right?
Well,
it depends on your definition of "great." We didn't get a photo where
all three children were looking at the camera and smiling. It quickly
became battle of the wills, and Kaitlyn was determined to win that
"game."
We
call this one "spiritual experience" because they are all looking in
three different directions. This one makes us laugh every time.
This is the best one we got.
I have cute kids. I just have to remember to lower my expectations when it comes to taking their pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment