Friday, November 4, 2011

Just to Show the Difference Between Our Kids' Personalities...

When watching Baby Mozart, there is a part where the dragon says, "BLAH!!" while sticking his tongue out.  Ethan was terrified of this.  He loved the rest of the dvd, but during this part we would have to mute it and shield his eyes.  (He was also scared when the spider drops down from the ceiling during another part.) 

Aidan wasn't affected by this either way.  He just watched it.  He was, however, terrified of the lion in the shapes dvd.  So scared that he couldn't watch it for years.  We put it in for fun when he was five, and he thought it was hilarious.

Kaitlyn loves the lion.  And just now, she was watching Baby Mozart, and the dragon came on.  She was standing as close to the tv as she could (with her stomach pressing up against the tv stand), and when the dragon stuck out his tongue and said BLAH, she leaned up and kissed the tv screen.

She loves giving kisses.  And the only thing she is scared of is loud noises (particularly in public bathrooms when you use the hand-dryer.  At Costco yesterday I thought she would crawl out of my arms when someone else turned the hand-dryer on.)

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

HA! That is awesome. My kids aren't scared of much, but those darn auto-flush toilets are so loud Madelyn hates using the bathroom at school.

PS. I thought Ethan looked very debonaire in his vampire costume. :)

Jessie said...

Hee hee, funny. Calvin was startled by the "BLAH" at first, but then would look forward to it and laugh hysterically every time. I think Milo just laughed because Calvin did.
Eli hasn't seen any Baby Einsteins. I kind of got over them by the time he came along. He's only just started watching a couple shows (he wouldn't watch at all until recently, even though I wished he would).