Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We went boating to Newcastle (Kaitlyn and I for the first time ever in our boat).
What do you think Kaitlyn thought of being in the boat? Her face was like this the whole time:
We also went up to Three Peaks Recreational Area, which is only 10 minutes away from our house. We had no idea such a cool place was so close to us. (We didn't take very many pictures, but we look forward to going up there for picnics and possibly even camping.)
I love this cactus !And we took a drive to Milford, to see the Rock Corral Recreation Area. There are supposed to be some pretty awesome rocks (quartz crystals, snowflake obsidian) there. Too bad when we got there it was covered in snow.So, we went back down to Minersville to go rock hounding in the mines. We always have a great time there.

Aidan found a pet butterfly, which he carried around and even took home with us.
And, on the way home, we saw an antelope in the middle of the road, and got a quick picture as he was running away.Tonight, it looks like we'll be going camping to Sand Hollow. It will only be Kaitlyn's second time camping. I hope she sleeps tonight!

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

"Only" Kaitlyn's second time camping?! Wow! Madelyn's only been once, and she's 6 1/2, and Luke's never been! Hahaha. Guess I'm not the outdoorsy type. Looks like you guys had fun, though! Love that pic of Kaitlyn in the boat. Classic.