Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bili Blanket and First Bath

Kaitlyn is plugged in to the wall. Her jaundice levels keep going up and down. The bili blanket looks like a mini heating pad with bright blue mini lightbulbs in it (at night she glows from her back). We use this blanket for a day, have her blood checked (prick to her heel), take it off for a day, have her blood checked, and repeat. She has has 5 pricks on her heels - poor kid! Right now she is off of the blanket, and we'll find out tomorrow whether she is doing better or whether she has to be on the blanket again (it costs $100 a day to rent, $20 after insurance thank goodness).

Yes, I look tired. Yes, my stomach still looks like I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant. No, I don't care.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the invite!

I wish I had known about bili blankets with Hannah! She had to stay in the hospital for 3 days. Pretty sad going home without your baby!

Kaitlyn's adorable!

Unknown said...

So cute. I love the pic of the three kids in the chair. Very sweet. They are going to be such good big brothers!! Congrats Ethan and Aiden!

Miles said...

Zachary had to have the bili suitcase, his levels were so high. He lived in the suitcase for three days. I love the pictures. All that pink in your life, how is it ;). Time to start learning the disney princess names instead of Thomas the Train and friends. J/K. I'm SUPER excited for you all. She is SO cute. Erin, I love your comment about tired and looking 6 months pregnant and YOU DON'T CARE!! Love it. Talk to ya soon. Tammy

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

You look great! Kaitlyn is so pretty. I am happy for you guys that you have a girl now. Hope you get some more sleep soon.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

No, you look great. That is so cool about the blanket though! I really had a hard time lugging my babies to the hospital for the couple weeks to get tested a few times.

Jessi said...

you look amazing!! Stop it! :)

I had to use the bili lights with Kynzie.. it was like her own personal tanning bed.. ha ha. But then they didn't work enough so we ended up back in the hospital anyway :( So I hope that cute little blanket works!!

Kaitlyn is SO beautiful Erin!! I love her! I know I haven't met her yet but I still love her. congratulations!!!!! I'm SO excited for you to have a girl!

Kayla said...

Erin, I think you look great! Good job on another cute kid. The boys look so natural with her!