Tuesday, June 23, 2009

He's Famous!

Aidan: Those condors are much fun. Funner than anyone except Ethan, Mama, Aidan, anybody. And the condors love anybody. They were big. They were not scary, but they were just funny. And I saw them in the telescope. There's condors on trees. And I like the condors on trees so so so so much.

Ethan: The condors are cool. Their wings are 9 feet long! The telescopes are really cool. We got to see the condors up close. They almost got extinct. There are only a few left in the world.

Love, Ethan & Aidan

(On Saturday we went to see the California Condors flying overhead near Kolob Reservoir. They have a wing span of over 9 feet. Really, it was amazing to watch. We took a bunch of pictures. But one of the neatest parts was that the Salt Lake Tribune was there and interviewed us, and Ethan was in the paper! Click here to read the clip. Then, on the right you will see a picture of a condor and above it it says "Click photo to enlarge." Right below the photo are the numbers 1, 2, and 3. Click on #3, and you will see a picture of Ethan holding his binoculars! (And my arm and half of Grandma Ruth.) (The reason I didn't post this link on my public blog is because they use our last name in the article, and I don't want my last name linked to the public blog.))

Some of our pics:

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow, that is just so cool! I love that Ethan was the first one they quoted in the article. I'm so glad that you guys had a good time!